Thursday, April 29, 2010

WHERE HAS THE TIME GONE OR DIDN'T I JUST POST?

How a writer feels:
A photo is worth 87,000 words (the lengths of my first draft).


A ship out in the middle of the ocean: That's how it feels to be a writer.
And you're not alone. You have all these characters out there with you. Some of them are from other books you've written. Others are new but not fully formed so they are like faceless zombies that chase you around and want to eat your brains out.
Still others slowly morph into younger - older - taller - shorter versions of themselves. Sometime they even change sex. It's creepy.
And then there are all the vampires...
Well you start to get the idea of what the inside of my brain is like.
A little shop of horrors.
But I like this picture. You can't tell exactly where it is but it looks lonely doesn't it?
Well.
That's not entirely true.
I know where it is.
Any guesses from the peanut gallery?
Name your place and the prize you want.
Possible prizes:
1. A sense of worth.
2. Common sense
3. Sense of direction
4. Sense of decency
5. Two sense worth (okay okay cents...)

Other authors give away autographed books. I like to give away more useful items.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

U R IN THE WATUR DUMMEE.
CAN HAZ SENSE OF DIRECSHUN?
NED IT FUR ALIEN SPAZ MONKEEZ BOOK.
ALMUST DUN.
67,000 WURDS TO GO...
(ITZ A TRILOGY)

YRS SINCERLY
TOOLOOSE

Maggie said...

It kinda looks like that strait where the Colossus of Rhodes was, but I'm thinking probably not. Thing is, I'd really like all the prizes and I don't want to have to choose between, lol. Can't wait for that draft to be edited and revised and come out the other end a book in my Christmas stocking. My whole extended family has read my copy of Lottery and I have become known as a person who recommends really good books! :-)

Heidi Willis said...

The first thing that popped in my head was near Molokai. I have no idea why. Maybe it was the first Hawaiian place I could think of. Then I figured you're probably trickier than to pick someplace in Hawaii.

And so since the world is the option...

yeah. I got nothing.

So I'd like that sense of direction if I win.

Dawn Anon said...

oooo, guesses from the peanut gallery... that means me!

well... it reminds me a little of the coastline of parts of Coast Rica (been there). And it makes me think of northern west coast U.S (never been there.. *shrug*).... so my guess is...Oregon.

Ric said...

My guess is Puget Sound - somewhere in the Seattle area - Perry is probably on deck.

ORION said...

HINT:
South of the Border...

Les said...

Cabo San Lucas/Los Cabos? Wherever it is, I want to be there. :)